Wilderness First Aid Course [Nov 4-6]
Ever wanted to become a guide or just feel more prepared to deal with emergencies in the backcountry?
We’ve teamed up with Shoestring Adventures to offer Vegan Outdoor Adventures readers a $50 discount on their Wilderness First Aid Course, happening November 4-6, 2016. Just use the code VEGANADVENTURES when signing up.
Shoestring Adventures is a California based guide company that “offers guided weekend adventures and a supportive community for anyone who wants to experience the outdoors”.
Some of the details from Shoestring Adventures:
“A 4-mile backpacking trip from Chantry Flat will bring you to Sturtevant Camp, located in Big Santa Anita Canyon of the Angeles National Forest and established in 1893 by Wilbur Sturtevant. Of the five resorts built here during the “Great Hiking Era” of the 1880’s through the early 1930’s, only Sturtevant still remains. Help us preserve this local treasure for future generations by spending the weekend with us!
Fast paced and hands-on, the 16-hour Wilderness First Aid (WFA) Course covers a wide range of wilderness medicine topics for people who enjoy or work in the outdoors. The curriculum designed Wilderness Medical Associates is recognized industry-wide, and the CPR Certification is valid for 3 years. Classroom lectures are combined with realistic scenarios where mock patients will challenge you to apply your knowledge.”
- Earn your Wilderness First Aid and CPR Certification in the field
- Learn from WLI instructors with significant patient care and backcountry experience
- Accommodations include group cabins at historic Sturtevant Camp
- Explore the San Gabriel Mountains under the nose of Mount Wilson
- Stargazing Hike and Night Photography Class
- Professional photographer capturing the best moments
- Free-time activities include zip line, ping-pong, badminton, rope swing, board games, volleyball, horseshoes, tether-ball and croquet
- Wilderness First Aid tuition and learning materials
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner [vegan meals available upon request]
- 3-day/2-night accommodations at Sturtevant Camp
- Wilderness First Responder/CPR Certified Leader with 4 years of guide experience
- Guide assistant to help facilitate group hikes and meals
- S’mores and warm beverages
You can find the rest of the details here. And remember, use the discount code VEGANADVENTURES to get $50 off!